Coconut Almond Butter

Have you all tried this stuff?!! It’s coconut + peanut butter heaven. I picked up a jar of the chunky a few months ago and I’ve done nothing but eat it straight out of the jar with spoon. So. Good.

earth balance coconut peanut butter

So good I had to make my own.

I’ve been meaning to try my hand at some homemade almond butter so I killed two birds with one stone.

Homemade Coconut Almond Butter. Yes, please.

homemade coconut almond butter recipe

I prefer to use blanched almonds for a more-refined tasting almond butter- less rustic if you will- but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.

coconut almond butter recipe

Coconut Almond Butter

homemade almond butter

by with a Side of Sneakers

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups blanched slivered almonds
  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil, liquid
  • pinch sea salt

Instructions

Blend ingredients in high powered blender or food processor until smooth.

Notes:

You may want to start by blending almonds alone, then slowly add in coconut oil until almond mixture comes together in a smooth consistency. You may or may not use all {or more!} of the coconut oil.

Also delicious with cinnamon & vanilla!

Powered by Recipage

Seriously, this stuff is so good. I even have to share with the little rugrat- I let him swipe a taste one day and he refused to give my spoon back.

coconut almond butter

Need me to grab you a spoon? Winking smile

Stephanie February 12, 2013 at 8:44 am

Oh My Yum!

Linz @ Itz Linz February 12, 2013 at 8:51 am

This looks SO good!!
Linz @ Itz Linz Just blogged…Tips To Wake Up Early and Workout!

Jordan Lynn (Ciao cow) February 12, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I am totally obsessed with Earth Balance Peanut Coconut Spread, but I never thought about making Coconut Almond Butter. So ingenious!

Elle February 12, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Looks wonderful! Thanks.

Tina @ Best Body Fitness February 13, 2013 at 5:12 pm

LOVE! I’ve actually been taking my jars of Maranatha natural almond butter and blending them with some coconut oil. I wish I had a good enough food processor to make the thing from scratch like this. Love the coconut addition. So addictive. Haha!
Tina @ Best Body Fitness Just blogged…A Little Care Goes A Long Way

Tami Jo Eaton March 1, 2013 at 1:56 pm

I just stumbled upon your blog and I kept shaking my head and saying, “oh yes” I loved the creamy Earth Balance and then I found the chunky version and I love it just a little more. But, I am even more excited to try your almond version. Thanks for this recipe.