Spring Pasta-bilities

These beautiful, perfect-temperature spring days are limited- they come and go before you can even acknowledge it’s really spring.

The last thing I want to do on those beautiful days is spend hours cooped up in the kitchen. {Ok, that’s the last thing I want to do any day.} It’s easy to forget delicious meals don’t have to take a lot of work. Here’s the perfect example of an easy healthy meal that tastes like it took a long time, but really all you have to do is boil water.

Spring Fresh Pasta

{choose ingredient amounts based on number of servings desired and to taste- you can’t mess it up}

Whole wheat spaghetti

Olive oil

Lemon juice

Garlic, minced

Thyme

Asparagus

Sliced almonds

Salt/pepper

Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain water and set pasta aside. Lower temperature. In the same pan, heat olive oil. Add garlic and saute for just a few minutes. Add lemon juice and thyme, and return pasta to pot. Mix and add more oil/lemon juice as needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

IMG_1462

For asparagus, chop rough ends off. Place on baking sheet and toss in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then top with a handful of sliced almonds. Roast asparagus at 450 for 10 minutes, turning half way through.

Slice asparagus and place on top of hot pasta. Top with almonds.

IMG_1464

IMG_1467

Done and done!

You can recreate the same dish with any spring veggies for variety.

What’s your favorite easy-prep meal? Mine’s pasta and rice & beans!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman March 23, 2011 at 11:01 am

That sounds so good! I’d skip the garlic (can’t eat it) but just make up for the flavor by adding more lemon. I love the addition of asparagus!

AlisonM March 23, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Oh oh oh — I love the combo of asparagus, olive oil and lemon. With a few soft boiled eggs and some rye bread — perfect!

I also love spaghetti with chopped tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil and olive oil.

In fact I love to drizzle olive oil on a lot of my food!
AlisonM Just blogged…From top to bottom or- From warmup to cooldown

Kelly March 23, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Sign me up! That looks delicious!

katie @ peacebeme March 23, 2011 at 5:54 pm

I love anything with a short ingredient list like that, where I don’t have to go buy a million things at the store…since my feet and grocery shopping aren’t friends right now. ;)
katie @ peacebeme Just blogged…Please…

Liz @ IHeartVegetables March 23, 2011 at 7:36 pm

YUM! I love asparagus. And I like simple recipes so I don’t have to make a whole grocery run just for one recipe!

Cassie @ Bake Your Day March 24, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Yum…I make this kind of pasta dish very often…especially when cooking for myself. I will soon add roasted asparagus to it!

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 24, 2011 at 6:32 pm

That looks so simple yet so good!
Matt @ The Athlete’s Plate Just blogged…Running Take-Me-Alongs

CeCe May 17, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Thanks for a great simple recipe. Nice fresh flavor and we served it with sauteed shrimp. Tasted great!