Ahhhhh, Friday!

It’s just cruel when the weather goes like this:

zzzzz zzzzz

Not that I haven’t run in the cold and rain before, but I just wasn’t feeling it today. Before you know it I’ll be complaining about how hot it is. I’m actually starting to almost like running in the cold- it’s tough, but I prefer it to being super hot and dripping with sweat :)

Anyways, I set out today hoping to jump right back into my training plan right where I left off with a 4 mile run. However, about halfway through I just knew it wasn’t going to happen. I made it about 2.75 instead. I just felt like crud. Since I didn’t get that many miles in I might squeeze a run in tomorrow, but we’ll see. Day by day!

Tonight the husband and I met some friends for Mexican. I had a chicken quesadilla and a Dos Equis…and of course some chips and salsa. I drove separately so I could then come home and relax without interfering with the husband’s Friday. Sometimes you just need a quiet night in!

I’m watching parts of the Hope for Haiti Now concert and then catching up on some DVRness. I love when people come together for a cause- whether it’s money, labor, thought, or prayer, every little bit helps.

Happy Weekend!!

Mae (OhhMay.Wordpress) January 22, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Cold weather running always motivated me. I felt so tough on negative degree days!!! Hahaha
I know how you feel witht the feeling like crud workouts- I was ready for a 60 minute swim workout, made it 45 and called it quits then went home and passed out for the night! :-P

marathonmaiden January 22, 2010 at 10:32 pm

our weather is taking a turn too but our “good” starting point is your bad ending one haha! but like mae said, you just feel so bamf doing it :) way to get out there for those miles!

inmytummy January 22, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Ugh, I hate when the weather changes abruptly especially when it goes from warm and sunny to cold and rainy. Boo.

abbynormally January 22, 2010 at 10:48 pm

I dont like quick weather changes, but I think that 40 degrees is perfect for running. Maybe not the prettiest running, but the most comfortable temperature, I think :)

Anna January 22, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Hey, at least you had the 63 degree weather for a while! We’ve been counting days that reach the mid-thirties as “warm” here :-)

Heather January 23, 2010 at 7:04 am

Oh I’m not complaining, I’ll even take the 40 degrees :)

sophia January 22, 2010 at 11:09 pm

I love that, too. Whenever there’s a tragedy, though the pain is great, it’s also a sort of beauty to see the grace and kindness of humanity….

Urgh, do you live in SoCal? The weather here is HORRIBLE. It’s been raining 7 days straight.

Heather January 23, 2010 at 7:04 am

Nope NC….that’s a lot of rain!!

lindsayruns January 23, 2010 at 12:05 am

I hate random changes in the weather! I was especially getting used to that spring tease early this week. I never turn on the tube, and I did tonight for a bit…loved the special, but hated that it was on every channel the one day I turn it on, kinda killed the surfing mode, but the cause is definitely worthy of that.

Karin January 23, 2010 at 3:48 am

That weather change looks depressing! But I also like running on colder days. Nothing’s worse than heat and not enough water.
Dinner looks great!

Danielle January 23, 2010 at 5:43 am

I was so sad! The weather was perfect one weekend and completely crappy the next :(
I kind of like running in the cold too- minus the ice/snow/wind of course :)

frogsandmen January 23, 2010 at 7:39 am

i hear you on the cruelty! i have january!

a bientot
the paris food blague

Jenna January 23, 2010 at 8:05 am

Hope for Haiti was so nice!

Cassie January 23, 2010 at 10:18 am

i’m just jealous that it actually got up to 60* where you are! here in philly we think its warm when it hits 40* lol!

theprocessofhealing January 23, 2010 at 10:21 am

I agree with you on running in the heat. I live in S.C. and it’s CRAZY hot in the summer with insane humidity. Spring and fall makes for the perfect running weather I think.